Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring Training Game 3/20 aka BFOX Eats His Words

The Yankees beat the Phillies 5-2 in thier latest spring training game.

Well, after my Igawa bashing article, it seems like I have to eat some of my words. This might change by next start but for now Igawa has shown some promise as his line was a sharp 5 innings, 2 hits, NO runs, 3 walks, and 3 Ks. This marks Igawas first real good performance and I hope to see many more like it. The only real negative I could see was leaving some pitches up and some shaky control. Other then that he was solid.

Rivera, Vizcaino, Myers, and Bean followed. They all looked sharp and none of them allowed any runs.

Nothing much happened offensively except a few 2 for 3 days by Cano, MAtsui, and Cabrera. This was a good sign for Melky who had been really struggling this Spring.

No comments: